Saturday, September 12, 2009

You Grow, Girl!


I made this card for a coworker that is expecting. I really like how it turned out. She's having a boy, hence the blues and greens. I have several pregnant friends, so I need to get busy on some more baby cards in the months to come. Baby cards are some of my favorites to make because of all of the cute images. This image is from the retired Stampin' Up set, Swell News.
On the topic of Stampin' Up, I'm in a dillema. I want to put in an order this month, but I really need to stick to a $50 budget (including shipping). The following items are on my wishlist: Photo Corner Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Whisper White Cardstock, Top Note Die (I borrowed one from a friend for the card above), Harvest Home Stamp Set, Forest Friends Stamp Set, and about six ink pads. If you were me, what would you purchase?

4 comments:

  1. I talked myself out of the top note die since I have the Nesties in the same shape. It's a totally different look though, so I still regret not buying it! I also suggest spending on the ink pads. In the long run, you'll use those more often than a certain stamp set. (Especially if you're like me and take a month to ink up new sets!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable Rebecha! I have always loved "Swell News". I agree with Sara, you can't go wrong with ink pads and the WW card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a darling card Rebecha! I love that stamp set. Great color choices for the expected boy. Hmm, as far as the SU order, I would go with the paper, a couple of inks and one of the punches. I think, if I were you, I'd continue to borrow the top note die rather than spend so much for that, especially if your friend really doesn't mind. I'm in a stamping group where we share all of our stuff and it works out great:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card....baby cards are so fun to make! As for the purchase....hmmm, if you can still borrow the top note die, I'd do that. You can't go wrong with the white CS and ink, and maybe pick the stamp set that you really like and save the other for another time? Choices, choices, choices......

    ReplyDelete