Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love: An Amazing Feeling

Here is the Valentine I made for my hubby. I'm a very lucky, lucky girl. Brian works hard, treats me like a princess, gives me room to be myself, loves me in spite of my faults, shows kindess and generosity to all of of our friends and family, and most importantly, he loves Jesus. I'm blessed with each day that God grants us to be together.

A little about the card itself .... I used a dollar stamp from Micheal's, stickles, Offray ribbon, el cheapo cardstock (black), whisper white cardstock (SU), Fruit Punch Stickles, DCWV patterned paper, and Staz On black ink. I also sponged it a tiny bit with Pretty in Pink SU ink. This card was also a nod to the challenge @ Hand Stamped Sentiments - I haven't completed a challenge card in MONTHS.

At first glance, you might be thinking this card is too girly to give to man, but I don't think so at all. Brian's color blind, seeing only shades of gray, so he's drawn to the shapes and textures of things. He was thrilled with the card, especially with what I wrote on the inside. Shhhh.. that's a secret! :)

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to read your comments.

Rebecha

5 comments:

  1. Rebecha,

    You're card is beautiful. It's so much in theme with Pride and Prejudice. I love how your swirly background reflects your 'love' sentiment. This is a beautiful card and I don't doubt your husband loved it. Thank you for participating in our challenge at www.HandStampedSentiments.com. We look forward to seeing your creations for our upcoming challenges.
    Genny:}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecha, I love reading your blog posts. You and Brian were definitely destined to be together. You are the perfect compliment to each other.

    Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I have always loved the pink/black color combo. I really like how the sentiment stands out against the DP. You also did a great job with the pink shading! Great job and I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you created for the challenge! What a pretty background that is! And a fun $1 stamp!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is so FUN!! I think I may be the only person who uses glitter on my projects as much as you do :), I just love the effect and I believe everything is better with glitter. Thanks for playing along and we hope to see you again at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is perfect! I love the background, it really pops. I personally love the combo of black, white, and pink. You did a beautiful job and I can see why your husband loved it so much. Thanks so much for playing with us. BTW-Husbands by the name of Brian are good guys aren't they? *wink*

    ReplyDelete